Friday, August 10, 2012

My body hates me again. This time in a bad way.

Today was a cheat day.

Today was the mother of all cheat days: Bagels, cream cheese, hot chocolate, coffee with creamer, some Skittles, brownies, lemon bars, Old Chicago pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and Dr. Pepper.

Ugh, even reading it makes me cringe. How did I used to eat like this? My stomach is so tied up in knots and nauseous that I can't even stand straight. Pepto-Bismol isn't even touching my symptoms. I feel fuzzy, bloated, lethargic and downright awful.

Knowing what I know now, I would've eaten differently, even though I was really excited for a cheat day. Today was my last full day of advising SCSU's incoming students - a job I've held all summer. This  meant FREE celebratory food provided by the advising office. While I did help myself to several servings of fruit, I also helped myself to hot chocolate and a giant bagel. I love bagels....

But I digress. I stayed SANE at lunch with a salad a bun-less turkey burger. However, two hours later, my coworkers were munching on complimentary brownies and lemon bars. Because it was my cheat day, I grabbed one of each without blinking.

Once done with work, my boyfriend and I headed to a dinner/movie date to celebrate ten months together (Thanks for the support lately, babe!). He bought Skittles at the movie, and of course I indulged in a few. Next, I suggested we eat at Old Chicago because I'd never eaten there. I didn't even know it was a pizza joint until we got there, but I was pumped nonetheless; I've been craving pizza for days.

Let's just say this was not the smartest decision I've ever made. While delicious, the pizza was cheesy and greasy as all get-out. And even worse, the date-night special came with a warm "pizza" cookie in a pan. Ben and I had a great time together, and the whole day was a highly enjoyable experience.

Well, at least until my body started to process the food. I don't know how much longer I'm going to feel like this, but I hope it's not too long. I guess I'll chalk it up to another hard-learned lesson. This experience just confirms to me that putting crap in my body is not the way to go. I think it's time to go to bed and sleep it off. After all, I only got five hours of sleep last night... and the night before... aaaand the night before. The change in my work schedule on Tuesday really threw me off.

Hopefully I'll be back with some healthier tidings later in the week.

Update: Baking powder is a legitimate antacid. Who knew?


No comments:

Post a Comment